I'm so bummed! I took our car in for service at 8:15 this morning and was back by 8:50; jumped on the computer to see if Trent was on yet and he was already done. What??? Last week he was on til noon our time and until 10:30 the first week. Sigh. Oh well. Here's the little bit we got this week:
This is another back and forth over two weeks between me and Trent:
- - - - - - - - - - -
Just fyi -
Dad and I sent snail mail on Monday. Next week let us know which day it arrived and then we'll know how long it takes. Love you -
Dad and I sent snail mail on Monday. Next week let us know which day it arrived and then we'll know how long it takes. Love you -
Mom
It takes just about ten days to get here. So next Thursday. Which stinks, because I won´t be able to get it to you until the week after. Stupid p-day on wednesdays.
Ten days! wow! Okay, we'll re-think that. Would you rather we just email our letters?
both =]
You mean email and write separately like we've been doing? Or email and send the same letters?
Email and write separately. It's fun.
- - - - - - - - - - -
A 'cedilla' -- are double L's a 'y' sound or a 'zh' sound or what?
Double Ls sound like double Ls; the H makes a "y" sound; G makes a "zh" sound; and D at the beginning of a word, or a the the end of a word when followed by an "E" makes a "J" sound.
There are a lot of pronunciation rules, and all the brasileiros say I've got fantastic pronunciation. Thanks for teaching me so well! [I think he's referring to my Nazi-like insistence on pronouncing things correctly in Spanish so as to not sound like a Gringo].
- - - - - - - - - - -
This week's Q&A:
Do you get to go outside much?
-We go outside on p-days, and that's it. CTM's a little bit like a jail. I'll survive, though. Only 5 more weeks. We're almost halfway done here. Crazy!!
What do you do on p-day besides the temple and Mr. Cheney's cookies?
-On p-days we go to the post office and send snail mail, we go to the supermarket and buy candy to hold us through the week (and by we, I mean my companion and not me, haha), we explore the city within our boundaries (which are surprisingly large), stuff like that. We basically try to spend as much time outside as possible to tide us over =]
What do you do for exercise? Do you run on the track or do calisthenics in a gym or play ball or what (jumping jacks to a chant of the 12 apostles' names)?
-I either play basketball or volleyball during Gym. We do a couple laps on a small track to warm up, and then get down to business (and by business, I mean light friendly games of volleyball. No smashing allowed, haha)
I'll finish the rest later! Love you guys.
Elder McGregor
Elder McGregor
- - - - - - - - - - -
Darn it - that's it for this week. =[
No comments:
Post a Comment