Wednesday, June 17, 2009

P-day email #2

This week was Trent answering some of the questions we emailed and then some disjointed emails back and forth about what to do with a box of shoes he left and things like that.

Here are the questions from Bryon, with Trent's answers;


Do you think they are feeding you lots of rice and beans so that once you've had your fill, they will put veggies on your plate and you will be overjoyed to eat them?
- I could eat rice and beans and only rice and beans every meal for two years and still be happy not eating vegetables. I think. I´ll just have to try it, no?

How are the desserts (besides Mr. Cheney's Cookies)?
- Every single dessert is made of some sort of gelatin. There are some good ones, there are some really bad ones. We had vanilla and chocolate pudding two days ago--that was a first, and a nice change of pace.

Any new and interesting foods that you've not had before?
- Most of the meat at the CTM is really dry, but we eat it anyway. It´s better than nothing, right?

How's the weather?
- Weather is great. Winter in São Paulo is like spring in CA. Perfect. Except it rained last p-day. That was kind of lame. It´s funny--all the brasileiros wear sweaters because they´re ´cold´. Hah.

What is your day like -- give us a description of what you do each day and when it differs, how? What do you do for exercise during gym time?
- I put my schedule in my letter I sent to you guys today, which should get there in about two weeks or something like that. I just got all your first letters two days ago. It takes about 10 days to get here.

Are you now into 'speak your language' mode?
- We actually speak português a lot less than I thought we would in the CTM. We do grammar lessons in class, and do some teaching, but that's about it.  Sad day.  Speaking all the time in português would really make a huge difference.  


When you went to the temple, do you have to use the headsets and listen in English or have your gone native?
- In the temple they play the english language over the speakers because the missionaries dominate the population of each session. We had about 60 elders in our session this morning.

How are the allergies -- you OK?
- My allergies are totally fine, actually. I´m a little surprised, I hope it will stay this way.

Love!

Hmmm, well we're looking forward to the snail mail he sent, as well as upcoming emails. Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment