Oi Família! Tudo bem?
Fun plans for today... don't think so. To be honest, we're pretty far from most stuff (Christ the Redeemer, etc.), so I think p-days are just gonna be more relaxed and less super busy for the time being. Can't wait to get some super chique (a word they use a lot here. Means pretty much exactly the same thing, haha) pictures of cool stuff in the future though =)
Again, to be honest, I'm a little backed up on letters. I've got to write one to you guys, Grandma and Grandpa, Jay and Judy, the Primary, and Melissa. So my letters might be a little shorter, just because of sheer bulk. And thanks to everyone for the letters. It's really great to get them!
BTW, we've only got a short time here in Barra Mansa until the next transfer, so I've got a new address to send letters to. It's the home of a family in the ward, that's really wonderful, and they're happy to let us use their address to recieve mail and forward it to us if we've already left. So here it is:
Rua Joana D'Arc
Bairro Coitiara
Barra Mansa - RJ
CEP: 27345-060
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
So for now send letters here, until I can confirm what my next area is =)
Let's see, teaching... well one thing we've been doing is during almoço (lunch) with members (every day with a different family or member in our ward), we "play" a game called Dez por Trez (10x3). Each person gives us the names of ten people they know that aren't members that live in Barra Mansa, and then choose three to invite to a Family Home Evening. Then we, the missionaries, attend, teach a nice spiritual lesson, and leave. The goal is this: We don't actually expect there to be three investigators for each family member there. Usually there's two or three at most, but they're the ones that are willing to go, and are naturally likely to be receptive to our message and the spirit. We give our message and leave, and the family afterwards talks with the person, invites them to church etc, and if they attend, it shows their interest. Then we grab their address and teach them. Cool stuff. So far, we haven't actually had many FHE's because we only just started doing it, but we've gained two investigators already as a result. So it works. Huzzah!
And you're right. It's a lot harder to get men to come to church, to keep commitments, etc. Women and children are a little easier to help =)
This week, to be honest, wasn't too great. No baptisms, and the people we wanted to focus on didn't really want to be focused on. So this week we're going to double our efforts to have a good week. Huzzah =)
Anything new or crazy I've eaten.... nope. Just rice and beans haha. But I did have some Doce de Leite, which is fantastic. Something I really want to learn how to make. And I totally forgot about the shakes. I'll buy the stuff to do it today, cuz those were good =)
Testimony strengtheners... like I said, this week was kind of lixo (means trash in português, but that sounds really strong in English. It's not that strong, haha), so the testimony builder is that I know that when Elder Makiama and I double our efforts this week, to follow the spirit, to try to do what the Lord would have us do, we will see the fruits of our work.
Love you all!
Elder McGregor
P.S. I got one of the weekly letters from you guys this week at our house. Thanks a bunch!
P.P.S. BTW, Mom, thanks for doing the website and emails and weekly letters and all the other stuff. None of the other elders get weekly letters from their family, and it's a wonderful thing for me. I really appreciate the things you do =)
Monday, August 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment